Alpha Dune DAO’s consensus mechanism aims to make placing votes fair, transparent, and low-cost, so that Alpha Dune holders can participate in the decision-making of the DAO.
Snapshot will be the main voting tool because:
- doesn’t require gas payment.
- ensures transparency.
- expands governance participation to all holders of Alpha Dune.
- 1.Moderators post ADPs to Snapshot after ensuring that each one has gone through the correct approvals process. New ADPs are posted every week on Tuesday at 9PM CET. This is when the 14-day voting window opens as well.
- 2.DAO members vote on Snapshot. One DUNE token is equal to one vote. As votes cannot be divided into fractions and the total number of votes shouldn’t ever exceed the number of tokens minted, the number of votes will be rounded down if a fractional number of tokens is owned by the voter (i.e., 100.1 tokens will result in 100 votes, and so will 100.9 tokens). The voting options for a Live ADP are “In favor” and “Against.” Voting “In favor” means the voter is in favor of implementing the ADP exactly as-is. Voting “Against” means the vote is against implementing the AIP exactly as-is — you may vote “Against” to encourage the author to resubmit the AIP after making changes.
- 3.The voting for each proposal in each weekly batch will be open for voting for 14 days, closing at 9PM CET on the second week on Tuesday.
- 4.Proposals that receive a majority “In favor” vote are moved into implementation. Proposals that are rejected will have the chance to be resubmitted via the appropriate Resubmission Template if the author contacts a moderator to initiate this process. If by the Vote Close Time the Live AGP has not gotten any votes or is tied, it will be tagged as “Rejected” and be eligible for Resubmission.